Monday, June 8, 2009


Lately i have been really unmotivated. im not sure what it is all about. is it the warm weather? usually that motivates people. Is it that im knitting a blanket and am so over it, i wish it would be done. i haven't even been in the garden. i want to buy some new plants but we must pay bills first so its not a high priority. is it that we got a new dog and my whole routine is out of whack? im not sure if its only one of these things, a combination of these things ,or none of these things. the last couple days i have been trying to think about what motivates me? what inspires me? usually ill find inspirations when i just get out and about in town. go to shops see what is out there. but im not even feeling that. or ill i get inspired when i travel to a new place. no trips in the near future. how can i break this? am i ok with it? should i just "let it be." today i spent the day with a dear friend and we had breakfast and coffee together than knit for a while than lunch. than i took her up to my craft room and showed her some of my collections of old shit that i have lots of. im like a crow that is drawn to shiny things. alot of times i walk with my head down because im looking for treasures. This dear friend started to get so inspired in a direction i never thought she would go but she kept talking about felting. granted i love to felt i love all things felted. But my friend she has  very different taste than i and yet she was inspired by my old shit to felt something. I loved how excited she got. i look at my stuff all the time its not new to me but to her it was treasure and inspiring.  Maybe thats what im supposed to be doing right now is inspiring others. who knows all i now is im in a pit of a non motivate,non inspiring slump. i know it will turn i know ive got lots of ideas in me. it will just take a little time. until than ill just lay around and eat bonbons. 

2 comments:

  1. OMG, Jenni. You don't realize half as much how you inspire other people!

    The things that you gathered are the things that you love, those things are you.

    You opened up a design sense in me which I never thought I would go to. One never knows when the next portal reveals itself.

    ReplyDelete